Safe Environment Program Instructions
The Diocese of Charlotte has launched a new training program for clergy, employees and volunteers to enhance efforts to protect children and young people in all of our churches, schools and ministries. This new program, called CMG Connect, replaces the VIRTUS Online training program.
This change affects ALL priests, deacons, men and women religious, seminarians, lay employees, and volunteers who work or serve in the Charlotte diocese.
CMG Connect streamlines the diocese’s extensive Safe Environment
program – combining background screening, onboarding and training on one
platform for everyone who ministers, works or volunteers at the diocese’s 92 parishes and missions, 20 schools, and its ministries and programs. CMG Connect is a service of Catholic Mutual Group, the leading provider of insurance to more than 125 (arch)dioceses in North America.
All former VIRTUS users have been assigned an account in CMG Connect. Please click on the relevant tab below for instructions on accessing
CMG Connect and certifying your compliance in the diocese’s Safe Environment program:
- Based on your role, please follow the instructions to log into your CMG account and verify/update your profile information:
Note: Existing CMG Connect users should login using their current CMG Connect username and password.
- On your Dashboard page, check your Certification Status – this date reflects when you must complete any assigned training.
- If your certification status is expired, please complete the required training labeled Safe Environment Training & Background Check for Volunteers.
- If your certification is not expired, you are finished for now. The CMG Connect system will notify you by email when it is time to log back in and complete your assigned training.
- If you do not see your imported information from VIRTUS, or if you have other questions, please contact your local Safe Environment coordinator.
Contact your location’s Safe Environment coordinator or David Vasquez, diocesan Safe Environment Coordinator, at or .