Pregnant and don’t know where to turn? Help is available!
From food and baby supplies to confidential counseling, housing and medical referrals, Catholic Charities, our ministry partners and other organizations are here to help you with your practical needs and questions. And help is available regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic/social background.
Catholic Charities offers:
- Free confidential, life affirming counseling
- Aid for expectant mothers and fathers – including baby supplies, diapers, food and more
- Assessments and referrals for medical, housing and financial needs
- Traditional, semi-open or fully identified adoptions
- Post-delivery counseling
Please call 704-370-3262 or email .
Resources Near You
Click on the community near where you live to find a list of resources – everything from baby clothes and diapers, to housing, food, health care and other assistance:
- Asheville: Find organizations that can connect you with free pregnancy testing, home nurse visits, health care services, adoption, emergency shelters, substance dependency help (outpatient and residential), housing support, and more.
- Charlotte: Find organizations that can connect you with prenatal health care, housing, counseling, employment help, adoption, child care, parenting classes and mentoring, baby clothing, diapers and food assistance, and more.
- Greensboro: Find organizations that can connect you with pregnancy and post-partum health care, free ultrasounds, free STD tests and treatment, adoption services, food assistance, mental health services, mentoring, and more.
- Lenoir, North Wilkesboro, Winston-Salem: Catholic Charities operates Wee Care Shoppes that feature free infant and toddler clothing and varied supplies to families and children in need. Clothing is available in sizes up to 2T. Staff and volunteers help participants with selecting clothing and supplies, including diapers, baby wipes, baby bottles and blankets.
Are you a first-time expectant or parenting teen mother or father who lives in Forsyth County? Catholic Charities has a unique program tailored just for you! Go here for details.
Other Special Assistance
A Prayer for Expectant Mothers
O Blessed Mother, you received the good news of the incarnation of Christ, your Son, with faith and trust. Grant your protection to all pregnant mothers facing difficulties.
Guide us as we strive to make our parish communities places of welcome and assistance for mothers in need. Help us become instruments of God’s love and compassion.
Mary, Mother of the Church, graciously help us build a culture of life and a civilization of love, together with all people of good will, to the praise and glory of God, the Creator and lover of life. Amen.
— Source: U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
Lend a Hand
Expectant mothers and fathers need support and encouragement from all of us. Get involved with a parish near you, or help start a Walking With Moms in Need group at your parish. For details, email .