Faith Formation at Home
When parents have their child baptized in the Catholic faith, they promise to be “the first teachers of their children in the ways of faith.” Parents, we offer these resources to help you in providing faith formation at home, either as a homeschooling option or to augment what your child learns in Catholic school or a parish faith formation program.
Goals of faith formation – whether at home, in a school or a parish
- Promote the knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Promote a knowledge of the meaning of the liturgy and sacraments.
- Promote moral formation in Jesus Christ.
- Teach the Catholic how to pray with Christ.
- Prepare the Catholic to live in community and to participate actively in the life and mission of the Catholic Church through the parish and diocese.
- To promote a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society.