It is tradition for every bishop to have his own coat of arms and motto. Similar to many bishops’ coats of arms, Bishop Peter J. Jugis’ coat of arms is composed of the shield with its charges, motto and externalContinue reading Bishop Jugis’ Coat of Arms
Bishop Jugis issues statement on Vatican meeting about clergy sexual abuse
- Bishop Jugis addresses crisis in the Church during 2018 Eucharistic Congress: During opening; Holy Hour;Mass
- Ash Wednesday 2004: Public apology to clergy sex abuse victims. Listen to the full homily here.
- Worthy to Receive the Lamb: Catholics in Political Life and the Reception of Holy Communion (with the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Diocese of Charleston) August 2004
- Liturgical Norms of the Diocese of Charlotte – March 2005
- Pastoral letter on Comprehensive Immigration Reform (2006) with bishops of North Carolina, Georgia and South Carolina
- Guiding the Roles of Pastors and Pastoral Councils, Pastoral Council and Commissions Manual – November 2007
- Diocesan Policy for Cemeteries and Columbaria – March 2007
- Lutheran-Catholic Covenant Renewal (12/2/2007) with Bishop Leonard Bolick of the NC Synod of the ELCA and Bishop Burbidge
- Promulgation of Diocesan Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry (8/8/2009)
- Liturgical Guidelines for the Rite of Confirmation
- Marriage Preparation Policies of the Diocese of Charlotte (9/15/2009)
- Bishop Jugis started the Eucharistic Congress in Charlotte in 2005. Watch and read his homilies and columns.