Caritas Christi Urget Nos!
(The Love of Christ Impels Us)
2 Corinthians 5: 14
- Ash Wednesday 2004: Public apology to clergy sex abuse victims. Listen to the full homily here.
- Worthy to Receive the Lamb: Catholics in Political Life and the Reception of Holy Communion (with the Archdiocese of Atlanta and the Diocese of Charleston) August 2004
- Liturgical Norms of the Diocese of Charlotte – March 2005
- Pastoral letter on Comprehensive Immigration Reform (2005) with bishops of the Province of Atlanta
- Guiding the Roles of Pastors and Pastoral Councils, Pastoral Council and Commissions Manual – November 2007
- Diocesan Policy for Cemeteries and Columbaria – March 2007
- Lutheran-Catholic Covenant Renewal (12/2/2007) with Bishop Leonard Bolick of the NC Synod of the ELCA and Bishop Burbidge
- Promulgation of Diocesan Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry (8/8/2009)
- Liturgical Guidelines for the Rite of Confirmation
- Marriage Preparation Policies of the Diocese of Charlotte (9/15/2009)
- Catholic Voice NC is the non-partisan, public policy watchdog organization for North Carolina’s two bishops which was started in 2009. The bishops are kept apprised of legislative matters before the General Assembly and the U. S. Congress. When the situation warrants, the bishops inform Catholic Voice NC participants, via an e-mail alert, of an important matter. Read all of the bishops’ statements.
- Bishop Jugis started the Eucharistic Congress in Charlotte in 2005. Read his homilies and columns.
- St. Patrick Cathedral place of pilgrimage during its 75th anniversary year decree (March 2014)