Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte strengthens families, builds communities, and reduces poverty. We serve people regardless of their age, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or economic/social background.
With offices in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Asheville, Murphy, and Greensboro as well as programs offered in parishes across the Diocese, our staff of over fifty professionals and hundreds of volunteers provide services to individuals and families experiencing a need for:
- Individual, marriage, and family counseling
- Distribution of donated services to the needy
- Case management to transition out of poverty
- Adoption, foster care, and pregnancy services
- Family enrichment services such as elder ministry, marriage preparation, and natural family planning
- Refugee resettlement and immigration services
- Disaster relief
- Support for pregnant teens, young parents, and teens in crisis
- Support for low income students
- Social concerns education and advocacy, including justice and peace, Catholic Relief Services, the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, and respect life outreach
Demonstrating commitment to quality services, we have been accredited since 2007 by the Council on Accreditation, a national accrediting body for human service agencies. In addition, Hague accreditation was received in 2008 to provide adoption services under The Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoptions. The agency has been licensed as a child-placing agency by the State of North Carolina since 1954.
We are a Christian ministry of charity, service and justice dedicated to providing help to those in need, hope to those in despair, and inspiration for others to follow.