To foster gospel values in our society, promoting the dignity of the human person, the importance of the family, and the common good of our society so that our nation may continue to be transformed by the saving power of Jesus Christ.
- To involve parishes and local service groups in the needs of their neighborhood.
- To foster the importance of the family.
- To develop groups to explore issues of the workplace and lay spirituality.
- To encourage Catholic witness in the arts and in the American intellectual community.
- To involve every Catholic, on different levels, in areas of public policy.
- To involve the Catholic Church, on every level, in the media.
- To involve Catholics, at every level, in questions of economic systems.