Skip to content
To invite all people in the United States, whatever their social or cultural background, to hear the message of salvation in Jesus Christ so they may come to join us in the fullness of the Catholic Faith.
- To make every Catholic institution, especially our parishes, more welcoming.
- To help every Catholic feel comfortable about sharing his or her faith and inviting people to discover Christ in our Catholic family of believers.
- To equip and empower our active Catholic members to exercise their baptismal call to evangelize.
- To use special times in parish and family life to invite people to faith.
- To cultivate an active core of the baptized to serve as ministers of evangelization in their parishes, dioceses, neighborhoods, workplaces, and homes.
- To invite effectively people to our Church.
- To design programs of outreach for those who have ceased being active in the Church.
- To design programs that reach out in particular ways to those who do not participate in a church community or who seek the fullness of faith.
- To foster cultural diversity within the unity of the Church.
- To deepen ecumenical involvement.