The Diocesan Office of Evangelization provides resources to help individuals and entities in the Diocese of Charlotte participate in this mission.
Frank Villaronga DMin.
Director of Evangelization/Adult Education
“Evangelizing means bringing the Good News of Jesus into every human situation and seeking to convert individuals and society by the divine power of the Gospel itself.”
–Go and Make Disciples: A National Plan and Strategy for Catholic Evangelization in the United States
“Evangelizar significa el llevar la Buena Nueva de Jesús a cada situación humana y la búsqueda de la conversión de los individuos y la sociedad por medio del poder divino del Evangelio mismo.”
–Vayan y Hagan Discípulos: Plan y Estrategia Nacional Para la Evangelización Católica en los Estados Unidos
To bring about in all Catholics such an enthusiasm for their faith that, in living their faith in Jesus, they freely share it with others.
- To foster an experience of conversion and renewal in the heart of every believer, leading to a more active living of Catholic life.
- To foster an experience of conversion and renewal in every parish.
- To foster an appreciation of God’s word in the lives of all Catholics.
- To make the evangelizing dimension of the Sunday Eucharist more explicit.
- To foster an appreciation of the presence of Christ in the Eucharist and all the sacraments, the sacred signs of our Catholic life.
- To foster a greater appreciation of the power of God’s word in our worship.
- To foster an even deeper sense of prayer among our Catholic people.
- To foster a renewed understanding of the faith among Catholics.
- To foster a sense of discipleship among Catholic adults and children.
- To foster active and personal religious experience through participation in small-group and other communal experiences in which the Good News is shared, experienced and applied to daily life.
- To foster a sense of the domestic church within households in which families, individuals, and groups reside.
- To promote and develop a spirituality for the workplace.
- To foster greater appreciation of cultural and ethnic spirituality.
To invite all people in the United States, whatever their social or cultural background, to hear the message of salvation in Jesus Christ so they may come to join us in the fullness of the Catholic Faith.
- To make every Catholic institution, especially our parishes, more welcoming.
- To help every Catholic feel comfortable about sharing his or her faith and inviting people to discover Christ in our Catholic family of believers.
- To equip and empower our active Catholic members to exercise their baptismal call to evangelize.
- To use special times in parish and family life to invite people to faith.
- To cultivate an active core of the baptized to serve as ministers of evangelization in their parishes, dioceses, neighborhoods, workplaces, and homes.
- To invite effectively people to our Church.
- To design programs of outreach for those who have ceased being active in the Church.
- To design programs that reach out in particular ways to those who do not participate in a church community or who seek the fullness of faith.
- To foster cultural diversity within the unity of the Church.
- To deepen ecumenical involvement.
To foster gospel values in our society, promoting the dignity of the human person, the importance of the family, and the common good of our society so that our nation may continue to be transformed by the saving power of Jesus Christ.
- To involve parishes and local service groups in the needs of their neighborhood.
- To foster the importance of the family.
- To develop groups to explore issues of the workplace and lay spirituality.
- To encourage Catholic witness in the arts and in the American intellectual community.
- To involve every Catholic, on different levels, in areas of public policy.
- To involve the Catholic Church, on every level, in the media.
- To involve Catholics, at every level, in questions of economic systems.