15 August 1948 is considered the birthday of Our Lady of the Assumption Church in Charlotte. The Trinitarian Fathers began this parish on that day with a Mass celebrated in a private home where 19 people were in attendance. The parish (originally called Church of the Assumption) then moved into a house on Central Avenue which functioned as both a chapel and rectory. In 1950 property was purchased from a Presbyterian congregation and the building that once was a place of worship for them was renovated and used by Our Lady of the Assumption until the construction and dedication of a new church and school in 1954. This parish moved again in 1990 to their current location on Shamrock Rd.