On November 16th, 1958 St. Francis Church in Mocksville was established as a mission of Holy Rosary Church in Lexington. Fr. James F. Keenan was the first pastor of the mission and the first Mass was offered on November 30th, 1958 in a home of of a parishioner. In 1960 the mission purchased a house which was used for a chapel and classroom space until 1975 when a multi-purpose building was constructed. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass was offered here until the current St. Francis Church was dedicated by Bishop William Curlin on December 15th, 2002.