|The Archangel's Church|
On April 19, 1903, St. MIchael the Archangel Church in Gastonia was dedicated by Abbot-Bishop Leo Haid, OSB. The Benedictines from Belmont Abbey served St. Michael's for almost 90 years. A new church was dedicated in 1958 and the current St. Michael Church was dedicated in 2003 by Bishop Emeritus William Curlin. There is a chapel in the current church dedicated to St. Katharine Drexel, SBS who donated half of the amount of money needed to construct the original church.