|St. Elizabeth of the Hill Country|
The original St. Elizabeth of the Hill Country Church in Boone was dedicated on November 5, 1957 by Bishop Vincent Waters of the Diocese of Raleigh. This original church was destroyed by fire in 1984. The current church used by the parish was constructed in 1988 and subsequently dedicated by Archbishop John Donoghue who was the second Ordinary of the Diocese of Charlotte.