|Establishment of St. Anne's|
A decree from 15 August 1955 issued by Bishop Vincent Waters of the DIocese of Raleigh officially established the parish of St. Anne's in Charlotte. Many things have changed at this parish over the years, but one of the first that took place involved the name of the church. At the request of the first pastor, Msgr. Michael Begley, the spelling of the name of the parish's patroness was changed from Anne to Ann. This same pastor experienced quite a change himself when he was ordained bishop and installed as the first Ordinary of the Diocese of Charlotte in 1972.