|Dedication of St. James the Greater Church|
On 3 July 1910, Abbot-Bishop Leo Haid of Belmont Abbey dedicated the first St. James Church in Hamlet. In 1919 a rectory attached to the church building was constructed for the first resident priest. The parish of St. James the Greater acquired property on Hwy. 74 and constructed a new church building in 1989 while the original St. James Church was sold to a catering business.