|A New St. James|
On May 22, 1955, Bishop Vincent Waters of the Diocese of Raleigh dedicated the second St. James Church on Union Street in Concord. The first St. James Church, which was located on Gold Hill Rd. was destroyed by fire the previous year. The cemetery belonging to the parish still sits at the location of the original church. The third and current St. James Church on Manor Ave. was dedicated in 2004.